Friday, February 26, 2010

Crafty Creatures

For those of us who don't have homo sapien children, our cats, dogs and other furry friends can be quite easy to obsess over. Even folks with animals and kids know that there's nothing quite like a kid and his dog. There's just something special about having a pet as part of the family. One of my favorite things about Martha Stewart (besides her fab recipes, organizational skills and cute crafts) is her love for her own poochies, french bulldogs, Francesca and Sharkey. They even have their own blog - The Daily Wag! The blog includes things like photo galleries, pets that are up for adoption, favorite things and other miscallaneous items that would be included in a dogs life! haha! I don't about yours, but my puppies sleep all day, eat, poop, play and then sleep some more!
Josie and Ruben Burlingame


I'd like to specifically highlight a couple of pet projects from Martha, that I'm planning to try. I won't go into all the details since she's got them posted on her site, but here's the skinny. First is a pet travel cushion made from towels and quilt batting. This is much easier to cart around than blankets and its machine washable. This project couldn't be simpler! My dogs already have their own towels, so I know just the ones I would use.


The other project is a little more time consuming but I think well worth the out come. Its ADORABLE! Who wouldn't love a tote with the silohette of their favorite furry loved one on it!? Could be cute on other things too, like on scraps of fabric and framed, for some funky, fun, mod wall art.


Get creative out there and don't leave your pets out of the loop! They love craftiness too!!
Pictures from Marth Stewart.com

No comments:

Post a Comment