Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Mad Love ♥

Happy Valentine's Day! I know its a little early, but I'm feelin' the love today. Maybe because its Friday. I always seem to feel more love on Fridays. My patience level with people is always higher and I generally just feel happier on Fridays. The problem is Friday is only one day a week. Sooo one day a week I love people?? -ooo that's not good- Especially since I consider myself to be a woman of faith. I believe that Love is more than just a feeling. Its a choice. Its actions that you choose to act upon or not act upon. For example, here's where I get my cues from 1 Corinthians 13:7 - this is the message so if your familiar with the bible its not exactly word for word KJV!

Love never gives up.
Love cares more for others than for self.
Love doesn't want what it doesn't have.
Love doesn't strut,
Doesn't have a swelled head,
Doesn't force itself on others,
Isn't always "me first,"
Doesn't fly off the handle,
Doesn't keep score of the sins of others,
Doesn't revel when others grovel,
Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,
Puts up with anything,
Trusts God always,
Always looks for the best,
Never looks back,
But keeps going to the end.

I suck at all of these. If I had to count on feeling love, rather than choosing to take the above actions as a mind set, I would only love 1 day a week! You better hope you always run into me on a Friday. Thankfully, God's grace is bigger than my inadequate forms of feeling love. Mad love to all in my life. I both feel love for you and choose to try to love you in the above ways.

Here's a few pics of some V-Day inspiration.
Will you accept and be my Valentine!?

Vintage Love....



These pictures are of valentines I made! I even baked
the cupcakes, photographed them and added my own
photoshop text! Gotta thank my sis for the help and
the ink from her printer.


5 comments:

  1. I think you love a lot more than you think you do! : ) But what a good word for today-"love is a choice."
    Also,your pics look great! Photoshop is fun!

    Linz

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made the valentines?? Those are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did make them :) It was super fun! From start to finish I really enjoyed the whole process of making it all my own.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I should also mention a shout out to my friends the Dills! They hooked me up with photoshop and have potentially made a PS monster out of me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i knew it was a picture of a cupcake, but I didn't know it was an ACTUAL cupcake. sweet. also, i really like the valentines pic with the pearls and the rose. I'd take one of those in a frame..... or I coul frame it myself... I'm just sayin-
    elisha

    ReplyDelete